Reel Life trips are about giving of our time, treasure and talent to serve alongside our missionary and church field partners in settings across the globe. Volunteer teams assist in sustainable, gospel-centered strategies in the areas of relational outreach, sports ministry, education, medical assistance, clean water initiatives, adequate housing, orphan care, evangelism, discipleship training and church planting. Engaging in opportunities to share the love of Christ in both word and deed, volunteers assist and encourage the local church in a variety of ways.
As we frequently minister to those in extreme physical and spiritual need, we act in obedience to the commands of Scripture to care for the poor and downtrodden, widows and orphans. Conversely, we
experience an exchange of blessings, learning and gaining valuable perspectives from those we seek to serve. When we join God in what He is doing in different contexts around the world, everyone involved is impacted!
“A new commandment I give you, that you should love one another:
just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.
By this all people will know that you are my disciples,
if you have love for one another.”– John 13:34-35
Our strategy to build long-term relationships not only promotes mutual respect, but also fosters individual dignity and self-worth. By investing in gospel relationships, we are able to witness individual growth and development which gradually leads to widespread community transformation. Only through this type of long-term individual and community focus will the root causes of abandoned and abused children, human trafficking, crime, malnutrition, preventable disease, and other social issues be alleviated.
These mission opportunities also serve as a time of renewal, perspective and sharpening, and provide a platform for ministry leaders to use short-term missions as a tool for discipleship and evangelism training. In addition, our training and study materials challenge participants to examine their own hearts while away from all the distractions and busyness of everyday life.
- Many of our trip options are family-oriented and suitable for men, women and mature children.
- We provide valuable training through our video series as well as written materials and pre-trip team meetings. Our goal is for our teams to be well prepared in order to serve most effectively.
- Teams participate in what God is already doing through our field partners and local churches.
- Trips are offered throughout the year, typically consisting of 6-30 travelers and lasting between 5-8 days. The length of trips, schedule, and projects vary depending on the needs of our host as well as the abilities and desires of those traveling.
- RLI works directly with our trusted field partners to coordinate travel, accommodations, and all activities. Each traveler is provided with detailed information prior to travel. This information includes details about the location, a packing list, and in country contact information. Trips are typically scheduled 3-6 months out, so there is plenty of time to plan and prepare for an incredible journey!
- Cost is based on airfare and the fees charged by the field partner which cover meals, lodging, transportation and supplies. In addition, we build a cost into each trip to cover the team leader (optional) plus a small fee for our administration, t-shirts, training materials and trip insurance.
For more information about our short-term trips, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org