I realize that the following principles are crucial to the effectiveness, quality, and safety of our trip as well as the continued work and reputation of our host organization. As a member of the team, I agree to the following:
- As a representative of Reel Life International, Inc. (RLI), I will seek to represent the values and moral conduct that is suitable for a family environment. I understand that while in a foreign country, I will stand out as a visitor. It is vital that my actions reflect positively upon RLI as well as our host organization.
- I recognize that I am a guest working at the invitation of our host and will respect and support their leadership, as well as the decisions of the RLI Team Leader(s).
- I agree to show respect to my host’s culture, practices, and distinctive characteristics.
- I will not allow myself to be alone with any of the local children at any time or for any reason.
- In relating with others on our team, I agree to be patient and agreeable to the best of my ability.
- I will refrain from the use of profanity, as well as negative comments or hostile discussions concerning the host country’s politics and culture.
- I will refrain from activity or undue attention that could be construed as a romantic interest toward a national. I realize that certain actions that seem innocent in my own culture may be inappropriate in another culture.
- I will refrain from drinking in excess and understand that the use/possession of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited.