Join Reel Life for Disaster Relief in Louisiana
Join Reel Life International in providing disaster relief to Louisiana residents who have been ravaged by epic flooding. More than 60,000 homes have suffered severe damage and FEMA reports well over 100,000 people or households have already applied for housing assistance. Serving alongside local churches, volunteers will provide supplies and assistance to widows, single mothers and families in order of greatest need. Reel Life is planning several weekend trips throughout the fall to provide relief for the flood victims.
Here are the facts:
Over 60,000 homes were seriously damaged in the flood, many losing most or all of their possessions.
- This is 6 times the size of Vestavia.
- Imagine every single home in Vestavia Hills flooding and families losing everything…. Times 6!
- In most cases, residents do not have flood insurance because they were not in flood zones.
- Churches, schools and businesses have been destroyed.
- Families have relocated to stay with friends, family, hotels, apartments, rental properties.
We have identified several churches asking for volunteers and assistance.
- Our focus is on single mothers, widows, the elderly and low-income families.
Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. – Galatians 6:2
- This is an incredible opportunity to take a “field trip” together as followers of Christ and to practice what we study, utilizing our time, treasure and talents for the Glory of God!
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. – Ephesians 2:10
- It will not only build deeper relationships with each other, but also provide many potential opportunities to share the gospel.
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. – Matt 5:16
- Have you been thinking about a short-term mission trip? This is an excellent opportunity to give it a try!
The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest. – Luke 10:2
We are planning to do brief weekend trips for the next several months.
- Churches have brought in portable showers, will host volunteers on air mattresses and will provide the meals.
- We are looking for groups of 6-12 and can host multiple groups at a time.
Total Cost is $50 per person
- Tax deductible
- Includes a t-shirt or hat
- Covers food, lodging, transportation, insurance, supplies and administrative costs
- Any remaining balance will be given to the church for housing and food
Please submit all form photocopies and payments to:
Reel Life International
PO Box 661105
Birmingham, AL 35266
Or email scanned versions to your Trip Coordinator at Trips@Reel-Life.org